Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Swallowed by School

It's almost bed time for Daddy and he's tired. This week has flown by in a blur and it's all because of school. I only get to see Z for about four hours a day now and it's usually her tired time. We take a walk when I get back to give Shannon some time to make dinner (and get herself together after spending all day with her). She will doze off for about 30 minutes or so which helps because Shan has trouble getting her to nap. Then we get back and I play with her for a little while. Next, it's dinner time so we all sit together at the dinner table and enjoy dinner. I get to feed her which is nice. Then it's off to bed time rituals. Every other day she gets a bath. Sometimes we take a little walk around the property with me carrying her. Then we change into our nighttime clothes, read a few books, maybe hang out in her room and then it's time for the crib by 7:30. She has been great going to sleep and will be down before 8:00 with minimal fuss. She has been sleeping like a champ, only waking up twice for some short feedings. Shan takes care of that pretty easily as I sleep tight. She wakes up pretty early so Shan is not happy about that but at least she gets a good night's sleep.

I am barely making it to the weekend this week. Can't wait! We have a party to go to on Saturday and lots of hanging around. I have to do lots of school work but don't tell Shannon.

No comments: