Monday, May 10, 2010

LEAF




That's Lake Eden Arts Festival. We hit that Saturday and spent a wonderful time there. I was able to get the family in since I had students performing there. My fifth grade girls were part of a dance routine a colleague of mine put together. We arrived there early morning and spent all afternoon.

LEAF is one of the best family festivals around. Great tunes, lots of feel good stuff to check out like yoga tents, massage clinics, and all sorts of growing clinics (the food kind). There is delicious food, tons of local art, contra dancing (kinda like square dancing), poetry slams and probably the best kid area for a festival I have ever seen. It's set at a boys camp, the same one we got married at, so you are surrounded by mountains and a lake and trails. Have I gushed enough about this place?

Zahra had a blast. She walked all over the place, was thrilled by a puppet show (and scared out of her mind, too), danced, ate and played. We ran into lots of friends so she got to hang with them as well. We managed to leave at the perfect time as she dozed off in the car and went right to bed when we unpacked for the evening. Even I was pooped, I passed out before she did! Enjoy the pictures and video.

No comments: