That's it, it's over. Today marks the final day of summer as I know it. My students return Monday to meet me and my team for another exciting school year. In the meantime, I am going out with a bundle of fun.
Saturday, Shannon, Z and I went to the River fest down by the French Broad Park. It was your typical Asheville festival. Lots of yummy foods (organic of course), tons of music and plenty of folks dressed up in colorful garb with lots of hair and all kinds of freaks in the mix. We loved it! Z was particularly enthralled by the acrobats who were dangling in mid air and contorting their bodies as they performed ballet in the sky.
Today we will go blueberry picking in the higher elevations near Mt. Pisgah. We're hoping for a bumper crop with all the rain and sunshine we've had this summer. We'll be heading out there with our friends Brian, Sarah and their daughter Maggie.
Z continues to have good times with her family. Mommy made her an amazing playhouse that you have to see to believe. Made entirely of cardboard, fabric and love, this amazing little home is absolutely incredible. Shan even has a small family portrait hung inside to give the place that down home feel.
Although I am a little dismayed that I can no longer sleep in (until 7AM!) and enjoy Zahra's morning vibe daily, I know I have to get back to the work habits. This is the first time teaching that I am not particularly stoked to get back. I think the combo of working summer school (which did pay off in the end financially) and the school powers that be shortening our break combined for my brain not getting the necessary recharge I usually get. It's so important to be ready to teach in the beginning because by the end of the year, you are burnt out. Let's see how those kids treat me this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment