Every once in a while, I get inspired to make something around the house (or if my wife were to speak on this matter, almost NEVER). After watching the U.S. Women's soccer team move into the finals for the Women's World Cup, I was almost dumbfounded to realize that I hadn't yet gotten Z a soccer goal for the backyard! I went to the net and was horrified to see the price tags people were placing on a few pipes and some string! So I took matters into my own hands. I found some PVC pipe downstairs and some left over net from Shannon's garden and spent $1.69 on some little PVC elbows to help connect the pipes. After 30 minutes of labor, mostly tying the net onto the frame of the goal, we had an awesome little soccer goal for Z to kick at. If only I did this more often...
Saturday, July 16, 2011
Soccer Pride
Every once in a while, I get inspired to make something around the house (or if my wife were to speak on this matter, almost NEVER). After watching the U.S. Women's soccer team move into the finals for the Women's World Cup, I was almost dumbfounded to realize that I hadn't yet gotten Z a soccer goal for the backyard! I went to the net and was horrified to see the price tags people were placing on a few pipes and some string! So I took matters into my own hands. I found some PVC pipe downstairs and some left over net from Shannon's garden and spent $1.69 on some little PVC elbows to help connect the pipes. After 30 minutes of labor, mostly tying the net onto the frame of the goal, we had an awesome little soccer goal for Z to kick at. If only I did this more often...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment