Thursday, September 11, 2014

Crazy Few Weeks

It's been a wild a crazy September.  Lucca has suffered through his first ear infection.  It was rough for everyone, especially the little guy.  We ended up going the antibiotic route to knock it out.  Fortunately for him, it worked and he is back to himself.  Throughout the ear infection, it was a hell of a road.  Lucca was not himself and didn't smile for almost a whole week.  Grammy Lanie came through and prodded much needed support.  Shannon became ill during the ordeal as well.  And of course with both of us working and Z full time at school, it was a tough stretch.

Now things are starting to normalize somewhat.  Z has begun ballet again and is loving it.  School is almost out for the first intercession for our year round calendar and we're gearing up for the big trip down south.  The kids are great and Shannon and I are busy but happy.  I'm also about to undergo some surgery, the vasectomy kind.  That means we are maxed out at two kids.  Maybe a pet will arrive in the future but I'm hoping not.  

Before all of the craziness of the past week, Labor Day weekend came and went with a bang.  I hosted the Ultimate Football draft party and we had a ball.  Shannon has been working hard as an illustrator with our friend Marissa on a children's book.  And as I mentioned earlier, the big Disney trip is coming soon.  Once we return in October, I should have tons of photos and video to go with it all.  In the meantime, we will finish up this month strong.

Enjoy this video of the kids and this video of Z hula hooping at the Lexington Arts Festival and the pictures below.






No comments: