Any Star Wars geek knows that infamous line. And we fell into it last night with our boy.
Seems like we forgot, in the madness of transitioning back to the house, that Lucca likes to be wide awake starting at 9 PM. That means he's rocking out for the next six or so hours on and off. That meant for a long night since we hit the sack around 10 PM. No sleep is a bad recipe.
After surviving the night, Sunday was pretty chill. I slept in and had an amazing time with my son from about 9 AM to 10 AM. We just started at each other and communicated on that most basic of levels. He'd reach out his wrinkled little hand and I'd share my pinkie finger. He'd yawn, I'd reciprocate. It was quiet and peaceful and wonderful.
We spent the rest of the day lounging about. We'd had snow last night (snow!) and it was freezing outside with 20-30 mile per hour gusts. But the day eventually warmed up somewhat and I got to spend some quality time with my daughter, who is probably starting to feel a little neglected. She has actually been quite impressive as the big sister. She has shown no resentment or jealousy towards her brother. I think being a little older has made this possible. I took her to the park and she rode her bike, flew a kite and ran around at the playground. Z continues to be as stubborn as ever though. Her will is impressive and she will fight you tooth and nail on a point, even if she's clearly wrong. It has to be her way. This will serve her well one day. It's quite difficult as the parent of a five year old.
Shannon has been feeling very good and is recovering strongly. She is pumping milk at an industrial level and we're slowly stockpiling the fridge with bottles of it. We even gave Lucca his first bottle of breast milk and he enjoyed it. Shannon is in good spirits and will be quite euphoric as we head into a week of weather topping the 70's. After this long cold winter, those temperatures will seems like we're in mid August.
For now, we are all happy and healthy. I am enjoying my time at home immensely. I can't imagine how stressful it would be if I had to race back to work. That's the farthest thing in my mind right now.
Monday, March 31, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment