It's time. Time to break back into the world of the inter webs to share data about ourselves. Posterity beckons.
So since we've last posted, we've moved into a nice new place. We have a bun in the oven who is eagerly awaited. Che lives on a farm with a family friend. Rumi has moved on into that kitty place in the sky. And all of our loved ones are still around and kicking, even if some can't quite kick as hard.
Zahra has grown into a five year old little lady. She's full of piss and vinegar. But we will keep her along for the ride because she is so darn cute! Seriously, she is still as loud and joyful as ever. Eager and brimming with energy to lead the whole world. Not sure where she wants to take everyone but it will definitely be a fun ride.
Check out her birthday party.
Zahra's Fifth Birthday from deadbrave on Vimeo.
Shannon is currently done with work and resting. She has grand aspirations of gardening and shaping earth. It's been a really long winter and we are all ready to burst.
I'm trying to cope with reality and keep the Seijezzali ship sailing in the right direction. Can't say I'm not ready for this little guy to get here. I almost had my wish today.
March 18th. This past Tuesday was a day to remember. I worked a half day and made my way home to get Shannon for our new schedule of visits to the hospital. Her latest check up revealed a low level of fluids in the belly. The midwives were taking precautions against a placenta that could possibly fail so ultrasounds every three days from here on in. So everything is cool and a bit quiet (I almost fell asleep during one of Shannon's tests) we get word that her amniotic fluid is at 3.8. Apparently that is bad because before we knew it, we'd hit DEFCON 5.
"What? This isn't happening, right? I feel like I'm hallucinating."
This was Shannon's candid and frightful reaction to the news that we were being induced right then and there. We were rushed into a room and had a gown tossed on the bed. Nurses sprung into action and assured us everything would be alright. The midwife began explaining what was about to happen. Shannon was really low on fluid. This is very dangerous for the baby. At this point in the pregnancy, if levels get any lower, we would be jeopardizing the life trying to reach us out here.
It's amazing how quick the mind can race under such duress. I'd compiled a list in about a nanosecond once the news sunk in. My boy's coming out and I need to move it. I'm making calls to family, friends and co workers. The wheels were spinning and I was out of that hospital to grab what things we did have ready at home so that I could return and begin the epic adventure. Damn, I forgot to ask Shannon about something (can't even recall now).
"I was just about to call you. They spoke to another doctor, we're not having the baby."
So as we unwrapped out frayed minds from the madness that had just occurred, I couldn't help but wonder, "why did we just go through that?" This incredible moment has been the catalyst for a series of events that have been pretty stressful. We left the hospital that afternoon ready to deliver Thursday. Then when Thursday came, after about 36 hours of Flash like packing and preparing, Shannon's fluid actually increased. Now the new plan was Saturday induction. But on the eve of the Saturday plan, we received word that more data analysis revealed more options. After much discussion with a new doctor (whom we will meet this Wednesday), the plan was to come in Sunday. We will evaluate then and see if we have to induce you later that evening.
And so Sunday is here and I'm typing this and trying to prepare for a return to normalcy.
Sunday, March 23, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment