Last weekend, my brother and father were here. We celebrated MLK weekend by watching lots of football, eating delicious food and hanging out with the main attraction: Zahra. We took it easy for the most part as Z showed off her fun self to her uncle and grandfather. The weekend flew by (so much so that I'm only starting to write about it now!).
It's a new weekend now and Shannon and I kicked it off by going out on a date. We went to the 15th anniversary of the Highland Brewing Company, our largest local brewery. Marvin, Susan and Braden babysat. Today we went to the pool and hung out while mom slept in. It's nice to have lots of time to hang out with her. Of course Shan and I get into some debates about my version of quality time with Z. Turns out I'm not as educational as I could be. Mainly it's the spanish thing. I honestly forget to speak to her in it mainly because I speak english. I can speak spanish and enjoy the fact that I can use it, but it's hard sometimes to speak to her. I know I just have to suck it up and remember to do it as often as possible. If you see me with Z, remind me to speak spanish (uh, did I just set myself up for lots of annoying moments?).
No comments:
Post a Comment