I had my first official time away from the girls on Saturday. I met Richard and Christopher for a movie (Slumdog Millionaire, great flick!). When the guys and I arrived back at home, a tired, frustrated, bored and slightly perturbed Shannon awaited. She was not to happy about being home alone with the baby. Not so much angry at me (she wanted me to go out and spend some quality time with her family) but more tired of being home with a baby that wanted to be held the entire time I was gone.
So we made it up by going out to the Admiral (West Asheville's finest place to grab a meal, maybe even Asheville's finest!). We had a fantastic time and Z slept like a dream strapped to my chest. Then we made our way to Babies R' Us because Shannon had mentioned to her dad that a swing might help us put the baby down. Richard bought Z her own swing! That's two nights out on the town courtesy of Grandpa Capezzali! She really has been great in the restaurants and we are enjoying our time out in the real world again after two weeks of bunkering in the home. As I've been told by some of my buddies, this is actually a good time to have her out and about because she just sleeps the whole time and the noise of the outside world doesn't wake her. I keep her tightly wrapped on my chest and it's as if she's back in the womb.
When we arrived home, we were tired and ready for bed. Z was not. She had another long night. I spent most of the evening holding her and walking around the house like a robot. I even fell asleep in our rocking chair with her in my arms. It was a long night and the family didn't all go to bed until 3 A.M. Seems like Z will have a great night and then a not so great night (in our eyes of course, she is probably just being her normal self).
At any rate, we've been receiving wonderful cards and gifts from the family which we all appreciate. Today is family day so we will hang with Chris and Richard up in their gorgeous downtown loft watching some football and eating some Capezzali specials (I'm looking forward to some great dining here Rich).
Life is going well. Hard to believe two weeks ago today we were bracing for our most eventful night ever. It's all a dream to me. Shannon is starting to have flashbacks of things she couldn't recall a week ago. Even talking about the labor brings her some painful and sometimes scary feelings. Fortunately, we can just look in our daughter's direction and have smiles come running back to our faces. She has been great!
No comments:
Post a Comment