Friday, December 12, 2008

Supermom


I have to admit, I was a tiny bit concerned about how Shan would handle the first days of motherhood.  

I knew she would love the baby, I knew she would continue to be a great wife, I just worried about her recovery from the labor I witnessed and how breast feeding would progress.  I also was concerned after our first chaotic night.  I wasn't doing a great job either so how could Shannon manage?

Well, not only has she assuaged any inkling of fear I may have had, she has proven herself (in this short period of four days) to be an EXTRAORDINARY SUPERMOM!  She loves breast feeding, she loves bonding with our little Z and she is happy.  Not only that, I am getting my wife back!  The latter weeks of pregnancy were tough for her because of pain and the weather being so cold.  Where was my happy wife with tons of energy?  Well, she's back and I'm so glad.  It's making our marriage that much stronger now that we are doing this together.  More importantly, we are doing it together on the same page.  I am proud to say I have the best wife in the world!  I love you babe!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, you don't know me. my name is melissa and i went to high school with shannon. i remember her always talking about the daughter she would have. this photograph is absolutely beautiful. they are even sleeping in the same position. shannon was born to be a mother. you have absolutely nothing to worry about. and from this blog, i can see she finally settled down with the RIGHT one and it appears both she and Z have nothing to worry about either! congratulations!

deadbrave said...

Thanks for the kind words. Shannon and I are very happy and we love our baby Z so things are going well. I mentioned your name to Shan but she didn't recall, what's your last name?