She mentioned that newborns can sometimes be over stimulated with too much...well stimuli!
Just to give you a taste of what Shannon and I were doing for Z in our quest to make the prefect baby, I'll give you a run down of some of our activities.
We usually always had music playing in the background. I "played" with her often by holding her and talking and singing and swaying for long periods of time. We have had quite the run of guests in our home bringing us valuable food and providing wonderful company for us adults. I have not accommodated to Z in the sense that I am still being pretty loud when I am washing dishes, coming in and out of rooms and when I do other household chores. We have been watching T.V. on the couch while she is sleeping. (Disclaimer- Z is never facing the screen when we do this, I will have her turned to me or she is breast feeding with mom)
So yesterday, after reading the email, I turned off the radio. We have not had guests the past two days. I have been extra quiet as has Shannon. We did not watch T.V. loudly (and when I watched some with her, the volume was off). We even adjusted where we change her diapers so she is in a low lit room and is in a more comfortable place.
So what has been the result? Two nights of heavenly child at night. She is usually pretty chill in the day, never really fussy. But at night, if you've been reading the post, she is pretty fussy and loud. She would even scream at the diaper change.
I know it's only been a week at home. But to us it feels like a year already! I also know about that word moderation. I'll still sing to my gorgeous little doll and we will still hold her and cuddle with her. It's just that I think we went overboard some because this is so new to us. I am ready for her to go outside and practice her switch hitting! I'm just so glad I can be at home focusing my energies towards my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment